It is no ordinary caffeine fix at Markus Coffee. Choose from 34 varieties of coffee bean from 13 different countries to select your perfect brew. The knowledgeable staff will even roast it for you in store. Luxuriate in the seductive aroma of some of the world’s best coffees. We caught up with Mohammad to find out how to make the perfect cup of coffee at home.
1) Your coffee beans should be high quality arabica beans
2) The beans should be freshly roasted (hopefully no longer than 3 to 4 weeks ago). You can also store your roasted coffee beans in the freezer, in which case they stay fresher for much longer
3) Ensure you grind your coffee according to your coffee maker e.g. for filter coffee a finer grind can help you get the right flavour. Cafetieres, stove top or bialetti are more suitable for a more medium-fine grind. For espresso machines, a very fine grind is recommended
4) Grind your coffee just before you make it - if you are making just one cup of coffee, just grind enough for the one cup. This helps your coffee stay fresh and avoid wastage
5) Store your roasted coffee beans in an air-tight container, preferably in a cool, dry location to maximize the longevity of freshness
6) Stock up on beans! During this pandemic, Markus Coffee are still accepting online orders at markuscoffee.com - get in touch with them at firstname.lastname@example.org or place an order on their website and they will dispatch it at their earliest convenience. All their coffees are freshly roasted - their most popular blend for cafetiere/filter is the Regent and Negresco. Their Espresso Blend is also highly recommended. They have over 30 varieties of coffee on their online store, so get exploring!
We caught up with Mohammad from Markus Coffee to find out how to make the perfect cup of coffee at home.
© Connaught Village 2022 Site designed by Sister London